Fruit of its experience, IRUA has developed a high-performance system for the coating of bodies, caps and other valve components that guarantee excellent final quality, achieving long-lasting protection against corrosion.
We carry out an automatic control of each batch as well as tests on already cured parts.
The standard coating used by IRUA is non-toxic epoxy powder (FBE / Fusion Bonded Epoxy) valid for drinking water, with an inner and outer layer thickness of 200 microns and above . The compound used complies with the most demanding quality specifications on the market.
In order to obtain a coating of the maximum quality and performance it is necessary to use an epoxy compound of the highest quality and to carry out a perfectly controlled application process.
The compound used complies with the most demanding quality specifications on the market both with regard to the service life of the product, protecting parts from corrosion, and with regard to its use in drinking water networks: WRAS (UK), UBA (Germany), KIWA (Holland), ACS (France), NSF 61 (USA) and Belaqua (Belgium).
Sequence of operations in the painting process:
- Surface cleaning: elimination of dust, grease and general dirt.
- Shot blasting: using steel shot to achieve an ideal surface roughness.
- Preheating: parts are heated for a specific amount of time and temperature.
- Applying the Powder: application of the powder on the hot part using an electrostatic gun.
- Curing: in accordance with the preheating temperature, curing will be carried out inside or outside the furnace.
When requested, our valves can be supplied with other coating characteristics:
- Epoxy with a thickness of up to 600 microns